Problem Solving & Decision Making Skills
Our course helps you to professionally explore the problems and issues that arises in or out work place and handle it to be able to make right decision at the right time and place.
As an individual, facts and knowledge can only go so far. Solving tough problems requires the ability to define the true problem, analyse the possible causes, create options, select the most feasible option, and then implement it. This two-day workshop should help individuals enhance their efforts to find sustainable solutions and learn new ways to approach problem-solving to reach win-win decisions.
“If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.”
Problem Solving & Decision Making Syllabus Covered
We will cover the following syllabus in the sessions:
- What is Problem Solving?
- Problem Solving Styles
- Earthquake! (Case Study)
- The Problem Solving Model
- Six Ways to Approach a Decision
- The Problem Solving Tool kit (including Gradients of Agreement, fish-bone analysis, lasso, cost/benefit analysis, using criteria, and force field analysis)
- Thinking outside the Box
- Peerless Data Corp (Case Study)
Who Should Apply?
Individuals who need to build and enhance their personal skills, especially in charge of taking decisions. The course is targeted at participants from any subject area.
Problem Solving & Decision Making Certification Requirements:
Candidates for the Problem Solving & Decision Making designation must meet the following minimum requirements:
- At least 2 full years of professional experience, of which up to 4 years may be substituted by a college/university degree.