Our course helps you to identify some of your values and moral principles to have some tools to make better decision.
What exactly makes a decision ethical? The problem with ethics is that what may seem morally right (or ethical) to one person may seem appalling to another , workshop will not provide you with an easy way to solve every ethical decision you will ever have to make. It will, however, help you define your ethical framework to make solving those ethical dilemmas easier. We’ll also look at some tools that you can use when you’re faced with an ethical decision. And, we’ll look at some techniques you can use so you don’t get stuck in an ethical quandary. Best of all, we’ll look at a lot of case studies so that you can practice making decisions in a safe environment.
“Ethics is not definable, is not implementable, because it is not conscious; it involves not only our thinking, but also our feeling”
Valdemar W. Setzer
Business Ethics Syllabus Covered
We will cover the following syllabus in the sessions:
- The definition of ethics and morals
- Identification of your values
- Kohlberg’s six stages of moral development
- Basic philosophical approaches
- Core decision-making tools
- Tools specific to ethical decision making
- 22 golden keys to an ethical office
- Dilemmas with co-workers, supervisors, clients, and company policy
- How to avoid dilemmas
- Recovering from a mistake
Who Should Apply?
Individuals who need to build and enhance their personal and profession skills; the course is targeted at participants from any subject area.
Business Ethics Certification Requirements:
Candidates for the Business Ethics designation must meet the following minimum requirements:
- At least 4 full years of professional experience, of which up to 4 years may be substituted by a college/university degree.